Herculaneum to Mt. Vesuvius Fodor's Travel Talk Forums
And because Naples is so close to Mt. Vesuvius, it makes it easy to see Pompeii and Naples in one day! How to see Pompeii and Naples in One Day. One of the keys to seeing Pompeii and Naples in one day is planning your trip carefully. We suggest that you spend the first part of your day in Pompeii and the afternoon & evening in Naples. Pompeii can get quite warm and there is not much shade. …... Overview. Get a close look at the iconic volcano that buried the city of Pompeii. Journey to the edge of the crater of Mount Vesuvius on a 4-hour guided day trip from Naples.
Visiting Pompeii & Mount Vesuvius The Complete Guide
Getting to Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Mount Vesuvius The easiest way to reach both Pompeii and Herculaneum is the Circumvesuviana train that runs between Naples and Sorrento.... A unique experience to reach the most characteristic locations of the region of Vesuvius. This incredible mountain is the best place to enjoy the fantastic views of both Naples city surrounding coast.
Herculaneum Vesuvius & Pompeii tour from Naples The
Once you get to Naples, you will stay in the same train station and find the local train to Pompeii — just look for the signs that say Circumvesuviana. how to know if i have partition root android Vesuvius is said to be the only active volcano in the main part of Europe and has been the cause of some of the biggest volcanic eruptions. Found on Italy's west coast, it seems to be watching over the city of Naples.
Vesuvius to Naples (Station) 4 ways to travel via train
Contact us for your shore excursion from Naples Port, Salerno port, Sorrento port, Amalfi port and discover the history and the mystery behind the Roman villages destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in the year 79 A.D. how to grow spring onions from onions Get the most from a day in Naples with a tour that covers off Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius, with wine tastings and lunch in between. Enjoy a skip-the-line guided tour of Pompeii, exploring highlights including the Forum, houses, and baths. Then, visit a winery on Mt. Vesuvius for six wine tastings and a Neapolitan lunch before driving higher to gaze into the crater. Air-conditioned coach transport
How long can it take?
Naples Day-Trip to Herculaneum and Vesuvius Naples
- Naples Day-Trip to Mount Vesuvius Naples Italy
- Naples to Vesuvius Rome2rio discover how to get anywhere
- Naples Day-Trip to Herculaneum and Vesuvius Naples
- Half-Day Trip To Mt. Vesuvius From Naples Triphobo
How To Get To Vesuvius From Naples
Schedules 2019 for the Circumvesuviana Train: Stops at Pompeii and Herculaneum from Naples and Sorrento. View schedules for the local Circumvesuviana train from Naples to Sorrento that stops at Pompeii (the station is located opposite the ruins) and Herculaneum (a 10-minute walk to the ruins).
- The only active volcano on the mainland of Europe, Mount Vesuvius is famous for the calamitous eruption in 79AD, which buried the towns of Herculaneum and Pompeii.
- Naples is located about 6 miles away from Vesuvius. Scientists think that the Avellino eruption shot a column of superheated rock and dust more than 20 miles high, darkening skies for miles around.
- Scarey journey to the top of Vesuvius, past mounds of rubbish thrown out of cars/coaches. Note the use of the two-tone horn around bends. You will stop for 10-15 minutes about 200 metres from the top at the old chair lift station.
- Getting to the Mount Vesuvius Park There are stops for the buses and shuttles up to the top of Mount Vesuvius in front of both the Pompeii and Herculaneum train stations. Buses depart hourly and take passengers to the entrance of the Mount Vesuvius National Park .