Getting Your Kick Drum To Sit With Your Bassline In The Mix
So whether you like your bass drum sound huge and Bonham-esque, or tight and punchy, the solution is close at hand. Learn more about taming overtones throughout your kit with our Tech Tips: Muffling Your Drums Part 1 and Part 2 .... 3/12/2004†∑ ok, i think the best way to describe punchy bass would be to look at a song on the new resident evil soundtrack, or alot of them. the bass comes in short bursts, seemingly to be in synch with the drums, yu can feel them hitting the drums in other words.
Kick drum chest punch? Gearslutz
23/08/2012†∑ how to make the kick drum punchier.... Discussion in ' approximately 60 degree with a sennhieser md 421 and it gave us a great punchy sound on his kick. We were getting plenty of kick boom from the overheads so I thought why waste a great mic with a redundent sound(I'd originally had it towards the back skin -jackass won't allow a hole cut into his kick). We are in the studio so might not... How to repitch and tune drums, edit them with the Push 2 controller, and make them tight and punchy in Drum Racks Sign up for our free Ableton Live 10 Course Get Ö
Quick Tips to Fatten up a Kick in Ableton Live Ask.Audio
The kick drum needs to be tight and punchy, with enough low end to fill up the bass range and enough mids to cut through the mix. EQ. Itís important to emphasize the low end of the kick with EQ. If you feel there isnít enough bass to your kick drum, a low shelving boost around 80 Ė 100 Hz normally does the trick. A boomy kick drum can also cloud up the clarity of your kick drum sound, so how to get hd on original xbox 8/04/2013†∑ A good system, with a good sounding kick, thru a good kick drum mic, should sound good with minimal EQ, compression and gating (pending the drummer's sense of dynamics) and minimal headaches. jimfist , Apr 8, 2013
how to make the kick drum punchier.... The Gear Page
Kick layering is a handy method if you canít find a punchy enough kick drum from your sample collection that works as is. Itís a way to combine best of both ends Ė Ö sidekicks how to fix them If the kick drum has a hole in the front head, interior placement is an easy way to capture a punchy and consistent kick drum sound. But there are a couple of easy tricks we can use with an instrument like this to improve and achieve an even more precise and accurate result.
How long can it take?
How To Tighten Up The Kickdrum For Electronic Music
- How to get i tight sound from a 28" kick drum? Recording
- How to get a punchy kick drum without being click-y? reddit
- How to mic a bass drum DPA
- Tight Punchy Bass with a Multiband Compressor xycl.de
How To Get A Tight Punchy Kick Drum
A thin, weak kick drum can single-handedly undermine the impact of a decent mix. GW Childs ditches his diet in a bid to fatten up his kick drum using Ableton's compressor and reverb plugins. GW Childs ditches his diet in a bid to fatten up his kick drum using Ableton's compressor and reverb plugins.
- 21/06/2008†∑ The absolute best way is to tune the drums to sound big, tight and punchy, and with proper mic setup you will not have to do much at all. So you need to know how to tune drums and to mike up a drumkit, and for that you need a lot of practice...
- If you can get a set of 3 (or more) kicks that cover the spectrum from low and fat to mid-punch to high and tight, proper EQing and compression can combine the sounds so that it sounds like one huge, punchy kick with presence across the frequency spectrum. Parallel compression is important too. By running a super smashed brickwall compression channel alongside a dry, uncompressed channel and
- 14/11/2012†∑ 28 is a big kick and 'tight' isnt always the first reaction you'd get from this size of drum. Depth is an important measurement here also. And beater material. Also remember that MOST kick beater lengths wont be long enough to contact a 28" kick in the middle of its head. Lenthening this will also give the drummer a little slower reaction time due to the increased length and weight of a longer
- 3/12/2004†∑ ok, i think the best way to describe punchy bass would be to look at a song on the new resident evil soundtrack, or alot of them. the bass comes in short bursts, seemingly to be in synch with the drums, yu can feel them hitting the drums in other words.