Stawamus Chief Provincial Park 163 Photos & 46 Reviews
The Chief is the mammoth rock face that towers over Squamish. Though hardly believable from looking at, the summit is an easy two hour hike. In fact there are Ö... Created in 1997, Stawamus Chief Provincial Park is located 2 kilometers from Squamish and around 60 kilometers north of Vancouver. What to Do There Hiking trails lead to three summits of various difficulty, but hikers should be aware that the Chief Trail is a steep and difficult climb.
Sea-to-sky or Stawamus Chief Provincial Park Vancouver
The Stawamus Chief (known as the Squamish Chief) crystallized slowly from a felsic igneous stock with a granodiorite composition (i.e. mostly consisting of the Ö... Squamish is located 64 km (40 mi) north of Vancouver via Trans Canada Highway 1 and Highway 99 Ė the scenic Sea to Sky Highway Ė and 67 km (37 mi) south of Whistler. A frequent daily direct shuttle bus service is available from Vancouver Airport (YVR) and Downtown Vancouver via Pacific Coach Lines. A daily return service is also available.
Stawamus Chief Squamish Best Time To Visit Top Tips
Squamish is famous for climbers. Iím not an expert at all but seems the place to go if you are into it. If you are not interested on climbing Iím gonna give you two goof reasons why Squamish should be in your to do list: Alice Lake Provincial Park & Stawamus Chief. how to get emoticons on facebook Itís safe to say that when you arrive in the town of Squamish, the Stawamus Chief immediately steals the show. You see it rising out of the Howe Sound shortly after passing Murrin Provincial Park, when coming from Vancouver Ė it looms over the downtown core.
Road Trip Vancouver to Whistler on the Sea to Sky Highway
Stawamus Chief Provincial Park, Highway 99 (1 km south of town). The park provides a number of hiking trails that lead to each of the three peaks on the Stawamus Chief. It takes some effort to get to the top but the views of Howe Sound and the Squamish River valley are outstanding. how to keep rats away from yard The Sea-to-Sky Highway runs from Vancouver to just north of Whistler. Squamish is about an hour north of downtown Vancouver, and about 45 minutes south of Whistler. If you donít feel like driving, not to worry ó Landsea Toursí Sea to Sky Tour takes in Horseshoe Bay, Shannon Falls, the Britannia Mine Museum and the Sea to Sky Gondola.
How long can it take?
The Stawamus Chief Mountain Sea to Sky Highway - YouTube
- Comments Stawamus Chief hike near Vancouver Trails
- Sea-to-sky or Stawamus Chief Provincial Park Vancouver
- Stawamus Chief Earthcache Geocaching
- The Stawamus Chief Mountain Sea to Sky Highway - YouTube
How To Get To Stawamus Chief From Vancouver
3 Stawamus Chief Provincial Park, Highway 99 (1 km south of town). The park provides a number of hiking trails that lead to each of the three peaks on the Stawamus Chief. It takes some effort to get to the top but the views of Howe Sound and the Squamish River valley are outstanding.
- View from the top of the Stawamus Chief Location: From Vancouver take the BC 99 N for 53 km. Turn Right onto Mamquam River Service Forest Road. The trail head is straight ahead.
- 46 reviews of Stawamus Chief Provincial Park "Me and my friends took the Gondola up ($35 per person) because the hike would take a whole day for us. The view is breath taking at the top. Also there is a suspension bridge as well. They have a cafeÖ
- Right next door to this is Stawamus Chief Provincial Park, then a little way to the south you have Murrin Provincial park and a little way to the north Alice Lake Provincial Park. These destinations alone add up to some great outdoor activities, including camping, hiking, fishing, wildlife viewing and more. Visit the
- 9/07/2016†∑ Sea-to-sky or Stawamus Chief Provincial Park Jul 9, 2016, 10:52 AM Our family enjoys intermediate day hikes and on our drive from Vancouver to stay in Whistler area along sea-to-sky hwy plan to stop to take photos and spend time doing a day hike.